Are there any traditional Korean desserts that use medicinal herbs?

supermax_thelion1

I recently came across some info about Korean desserts that incorporate medicinal ingredients like ginseng or omija. Has anyone tried these? I'd love to know more about their flavors and where I might find recipes or ingredients.

Ginseng often used in teas and sweets, ginseng has a slightly bitter, earthy taste that pairs well with honey or sweet syrups. It’s known for its energizing and immune-boosting properties.

I recently came across some info about Korean desserts that incorporate medicinal ingredients like ginseng or omija. Has anyone tried these? I'd love to know more about their flavors and where I might find recipes or ingredients.
Korean desserts like Yaksik (sweet rice cake) and Baesuk (steamed pears) are often made with ingredients like honey, jujubes, and ginger, which are believed to have medicinal properties in Korean traditional medicine.

Definitely! I think "Hwangnyun" is a traditional Korean dessert that incorporates medicinal herbs for its health benefits. Do you have a specific herb in mind though? 🍯🌾

Back