Boiling beets

patotya

Folks, I am not much of a cook and have never posted in this food sub-forum, but would really appreciate some help with a specific matter. I love beets, and would prefer to eat organic ones (since they live underground, and can absorb every kind of toxin), but Trader Joe's where I generally shop for food carries only raw organic beefs (ie, the pre-boiled ones are not organic, plus cost twice as much for half the amount). But boiling beets to the edible consistency seems to take FOREVER. Is there any was to boil them faster, is there anything that can be added to water to make them soft faster? Like, can you boil them with baking soda or something?

Folks, I am not much of a cook and have never posted in this food sub-forum, but would really appreciate some help with a specific matter. I love beets, and would prefer to eat organic ones (since they live underground, and can absorb every kind of toxin), but Trader Joe's where I generally shop for food carries only raw organic beefs (ie, the pre-boiled ones are not organic, plus cost twice as much for half the amount). But boiling beets to the edible consistency seems to take FOREVER. Is there any was to boil them faster, is there anything that can be added to water to make them soft faster? Like, can you boil them with baking soda or something?
Boiling beets can take a while, but cutting them smaller or using a pressure cooker speeds things up! 🕒🥕

Help! Beet boiling newbie here. Organic beets take FOREVER to cook. Any tips to speed things up? Baking soda magic or other hacks? beetloverindistress

Back