Cake Mixes

patotya

I just don't get it. I don't understand the appeal.

I bought one this week and baked it and I got 3 measuring cups, a mixing bowl, a spatula, beaters, spoon, baking pans, cookie sheet all dirty, so it involved plenty of dirty dishes. I had to provide the eggs and oil, which are the most expensive ingredients. It took the same amount of time to mix and bake and in the end, it is not good cake.

The only work it saved me was I didn't have to measure the flour or sugar and I would have gotten an additional teaspoon dirty if I made a cake from scratch because I would have put vanilla extract into it. I'd have the exact same mess, a bit less expense, the same time involved, and I'd end up with a much better cake if I just made one from scratch.

I bought one this week and baked it and I got 3 measuring cups, a mixing bowl, a spatula, beaters, spoon, baking pans, cookie sheet all dirty, so it involved plenty of dirty dishes. I had to provide the eggs and oil, which are the most expensive ingredients. It took the same amount of time to mix and bake and in the end, it is not good cake.

The only work it saved me was I didn't have to measure the flour or sugar and I would have gotten an additional teaspoon dirty if I made a cake from scratch because I would have put vanilla extract into it. I'd have the exact same mess, a bit less expense, the same time involved, and I'd end up with a much better cake if I just made one from scratch.
I understand what you mean! Cake mixes don't always save time or effort. Making from scratch is more rewarding and tastier. 🎂🍰

Boxed cake mix fail! Dirty dishes, expensive ingredients, less tasty than homemade. Why bother?

Back