Carlos Yulo achieves life goal in Paris but aims for more in LA

Sneaky2021

MANILA, Philippines—Team Philippines’ Carlos Yulo has reached the ultimate dream and did it twice with two gold medals in the Paris Olympics 2024 men’s artistic gymnastics competition. But make no mistakes about it, the 24-year-old gymnast is far from over, in terms of competing in the grandest sporting stage of the world. In an interview with GMA’s 24 Oras, Yulo bared that while he’s on cloud nine after making history with the Philippines, the vision for Los Angeles is still very much present. “It’s been four days but it really hasn’t sunk in just yet that I captured gold and two of them. This is it, the ultimate goal. I can’t wish for anything else right now,” said Yulo in Filipino. “I’m really grateful that I didn’t quit. There are still things up next. I won’t stop yet and I still want to compete in the Olympics in 2028 in LA (Los Angeles). I’ll do my best in training and the challenges next time.” With already two Olympic appearances and two gold medals for Yulo, it seems Paris may just be the beginning for him and his gymnastics career. But.before he can focus on the future Olympic games, he still has support to give for his Team Philippines compatriots as the Paris games are still very much on full swing. “I’m so proud of the Filipino athletes that fought for the Philippines,” Yulo said. “Their performances made me emotional. I know some athletes lost but I’m proud of them, their dedication, effort and will to show up on those days.” From 22 delegates, Team Philippines is left with three representatives who aim to improve the country’s medal tally in the Paris games.​

Carlos Yulo’s double gold in Paris is epic, and his drive for LA 2028 is inspiring—can’t wait to see what he’ll do next! His dedication to his sport and support for his teammates is truly heartwarming. 👏👏

Back