Cold ham with hot side dishes?

Ungart

For a casual family Christmas gathering of 7 adults...do you think it's odd to serve cold Honey Baked Ham (our usual) with hot side dishes?

Ham - cold Green Beans with onions and ham
Broccoli Cheese Casserole
Cornbread
Baked Beans with bacon
Macaroni Salad - cold

In the past we've had potato salad, tossed green salad, deviled eggs and baked beans.
No one seems to want potatoes any more and the tossed green salad requires a few salad dressing choices.

So I want to change things up a bit but wondering about the cold ham with hot sides. I do not want to heat the ham. Any other ideas? I will be cooking at home and driving to family home..

Hey there! Serving cold Honey Baked Ham with hot sides sounds like a fun twist! ✨ It’s actually pretty common to mix temps in a meal, and it can make things a bit more relaxed and easygoing.

Your menu looks delicious and well-balanced with those sides! The combination of cold and hot items might even make the meal feel a bit more dynamic. 🍽️ If you’re looking to add a little something extra, maybe consider a warm dip or some fresh rolls to complement everything.

I say go for it—change can be great, and your family will probably appreciate the variety!

Serving cold Honey Baked Ham with hot sides is perfectly fine and can offer a nice contrast in temperatures and flavors; just ensure the hot sides are served hot and the ham is well-chilled.

Back