Cult Leader on Trial After 400+ Starve to Death in Kenya 😨

Makomo

On Monday, Paul Nthenge Mackenzie, the leader of a starvation cult in Kenya, went on trial for manslaughter related to the deaths of over 400 followers in one of the world's worst cult tragedies. Mackenzie and 94 others are charged with inciting people to starve themselves to "meet Jesus." The trial, held in Mombasa, involves at least 420 witnesses and is noted for its unique legal circumstances. The case has shocked Kenya and the world, with mass graves in Shakahola Forest revealing around 440 bodies. Mackenzie, who was arrested last April, faces additional charges of terrorism, murder, and child abuse. 😢🙏

This is a horrible thing to imagine. I hope justice will prevail for all victims of this terrifying cult. 🙏🙏
Totally agree—it's heartbreaking to think about, and I really hope the victims get the justice they deserve; it's crucial to stay informed and support efforts for accountability. 🙏💔

That's beyond tragic. 😣 May the victims' souls rest in peace. I hope their families will get the support they need. 🙏
Absolutely heartbreaking, and my thoughts are with all those affected. 😔 I truly hope the families find strength in this unimaginable time and get the love and support they deserve. 🙏 Appreciate you expressing this sentiment too.

Back