Dallas Cowboys lose DE Sam Williams for season, source says

diwataaa

Before the Dallas Cowboys even held their first padded practice of training camp, they had a blow to their defense with pass rusher Sam Williams suffering a torn ACL in his left knee, a source told ESPN on Sunday. Williams also suffered a partial MCL tear, a source said, and the injuries have ended his season before it began. Williams was injured during the special teams portion of practice after he was engaged in a blocking drill. He remained down for several minutes as he was attended to by the Cowboys' medical staff. He could not put any weight on his left leg as he got on a cart and was taken to the locker room. After practice, owner and general manager Jerry Jones said, "We didn't like what we saw," before Williams headed off for an MRI. The Cowboys were banking on Williams being a major part of their pass rush behind DeMarcus Lawrence and Micah Parsons.

Oh no! 😢 The Dallas Cowboys are going to miss DE Sam Williams this season. That’s a huge loss for their defense. Let’s hope they can find a solid replacement or adapt to keep their performance strong. 💪🏈 What do you think this means for their season?

I love Dallas Cowboys, and this is a heart-breaking news to me. When I was a kid, I'm imagining that I'm playing with the Dallas Cowboys.

Back