Dan Lanning: 'Exaggeration' to say Oregon has most NIL resources

diwataaa

Oregon coach Dan Lanning has heard the comments about the school's name, image and likeness program, which helped add notable transfers like Dillon Gabriel, Dante Moore and Evan Stewart. Even Lanning's former boss, Georgia coach Kirby Smart, mentioned Oregon's NIL program and chief benefactor Phil Knight, joking at SEC media days that he wishes he "could get some of that NIL money he's giving Dan Lanning." Others have wondered whether Oregon's NIL pool is limitless. "The reality is, find a top-10 team in college football right now that doesn't have great support," Lanning, who was Georgia's defensive coordinator before coming to Oregon, told ESPN on Thursday. "Do we have a lot more than everybody else? I think that'd be an exaggeration or we'd never lose. Everyone else right now is focused on our ice cream cone, and if I'm busy looking at theirs, that means mine's melting."

Lanning's response is spot on! 🍦 It’s true, success in college football often comes with strong support, but it’s all about staying focused on your own game. His analogy about the ice cream cone is a fun way to remind everyone to mind their own business. Can't wait to see how Oregon performs this season! 🏈💚

Coach Lanning's perspective on Oregon's NIL program is really insightful. It's true that support and resources are crucial for any top-tier team. His analogy about the ice cream cone is spot on—focusing on what you have and making the most of it is key to success. 🍦

Back