Does sparkling water hydrate you the same way as still water?

patoowardfan

I’m a huge sparkling water fan, and I find myself drinking it way more than still water these days. But does it hydrate you the same? Or am I just tricking myself? Would love to hear if anyone else feels like they get less thirsty from fizzy drinks or if it’s all in my head!

I totally get you! 🥤 Sparkling water is so refreshing and has that nice fizz that makes drinking water feel a little more fun. While it can hydrate you just like still water, some people find that the bubbles can make them feel full, so they might not drink as much. I think it’s all about balance—if you love it, keep enjoying it, but make sure to mix in some still water too! 😊 What’s your favorite flavor?

Yeah! Sparkling water hydrates you just as effectively as still water. The main difference is the carbonation, which gives it its fizzy quality. Studies have shown that sparkling water provides the same hydration benefits as regular water. :):)(y)

I’ve heard it hydrates the same, though some brands add sodium, so watch out for that if you’re trying to limit salt! 🧂💦

Back