Dozens Arrested in Violent UK Protests Over Southport Stabbings 🔪

Loppy

Violent clashes erupted in several UK cities following a stabbing attack in Southport that left three children dead during a Taylor Swift-themed yoga class. The far-right has fueled unrest, spreading false claims about the attacker's background, despite police confirming the 17-year-old suspect, Axel Muganwa Rudakubana, was born in Cardiff. Prime Minister Keir Starmer and Home Secretary Yvette Cooper condemned the violence, which saw arrests and injuries in cities like Liverpool, Manchester, and Belfast, where anti-immigrant protests and counter-protests escalated. Authorities have stepped up resources to handle the ongoing disorder, emphasizing the importance of maintaining public safety and addressing extremism. 🚨🔥

That is so tragic. :( I hope justice is served swiftly for the victims of the stabbings and that the situation calms down soon.

That is so tragic. :( I hope justice is served swiftly for the victims of the stabbings and that the situation calms down soon.
I totally agree, it's heart-wrenching to hear about the stabbings and I really hope justice is served soon; it’s such a relief to know the statue will be open eventually, even if we don’t have a date yet 🤷‍♂️🙏

Back