eating mango skin

diwataaa

I have heard wildly conflicting information. Anything from -it is poisonous and you can't eat it because of the urushiol - to it is the most nutritious part of the fruit and is totally edible. I bought a mango yesterday and didn't realize what a mess and how much trouble it would be to eat - so just decided to eat the skin. I also head heard that the skin tastes terrible. Not only did I not think there was much difference in the taste between the skin (when eaten with the fruit), but I did not notice any rash or irritation on my hands, lips or mouth.

So did I just get lucky? Anyone else eat the skin or have any experiences trying to - one way or another? I'm also puzzled why they don't sell canned mango - at least I didn't see any last night when I was at the store. Do they?

You got lucky if you didn’t experience any irritation... mango skin can be a mixed bag for people! 🙌 As for canned mango, it’s actually available in many stores, so it might be worth checking out another time. Thanks for sharing your experience! 🌟

I have heard wildly conflicting information. Anything from -it is poisonous and you can't eat it because of the urushiol - to it is the most nutritious part of the fruit and is totally edible. I bought a mango yesterday and didn't realize what a mess and how much trouble it would be to eat - so just decided to eat the skin. I also head heard that the skin tastes terrible. Not only did I not think there was much difference in the taste between the skin (when eaten with the fruit), but I did not notice any rash or irritation on my hands, lips or mouth.

So did I just get lucky? Anyone else eat the skin or have any experiences trying to - one way or another? I'm also puzzled why they don't sell canned mango - at least I didn't see any last night when I was at the store. Do they?
I ate the mango skin too! No rash, tasted fine. Why no canned mango? 🤔

Back