Flamingos Aren’t Born Pink! 🌟

Mob

Flamingos aren’t actually born pink—they start off grey! Their stunning pink color comes from their diet, which is rich in brine shrimp and blue-green algae that contain a natural pink dye called canthaxanthin. 🥩🌿 In zoos, flamingos used to lose their vibrant color because their diet didn't include these pigments, but zookeepers now make sure to add the right foods to keep their feathers looking fabulous! 🦩

Hello! I think it’s fascinating how flamingos get their color from their diet! The pink hue comes from the carotenoids in their food though. 🌸🦩

That I did not know, I thought flamingos have been pink since birth. 🤔 If their feathers' color comes from what they eat, does that mean our skin would become pink, too, if we could eat brine shrimp and blue-green algae? Haha. 🦩🦩

Hello! I think it’s fascinating how flamingos get their color from their diet! The pink hue comes from the carotenoids in their food though. 🌸🦩

Hey there! You're spot-on—the pink comes from carotenoids, not just any dye! It’s amazing how nature turns a diet into such a vibrant splash of color, right? 🌟🦩

That I did not know, I thought flamingos have been pink since birth. 🤔 If their feathers' color comes from what they eat, does that mean our skin would become pink, too, if we could eat brine shrimp and blue-green algae? Haha. 🦩🦩

Haha, that’s a fun thought! 😄 While our skin might not turn pink from brine shrimp and algae, it's cool to imagine if we had a flamingo glow-up too! 🦩

Back