Has Papa Murphy's just changed their crust?

Ungart

We are BIG Papa Murphy's pizza fans. We have our favorites and we get their pizza at least every weeks for the last few years. A few days ago, I got one of our usual favorites and the crust had a totally different texture. It was taking a longer time than usual to brown on the bottom. I pulled the pan about 3 minutes before it was done, as I usually do. It just wouldn't brown underneath. After about 6 minutes of trying to get it brown, I pulled the pizza because the top was going to get too done. The flavor and texture of the crust was different. It had a cracker-y crust. It sort of crumbled instead of the usual chewy crust. There were no bubbles around the edge of the pizza either, like it didn't rise. I don't know what could have happened unless they used a new kind of crust. Have any other Papa Murphy fans had a weird crust from Papa's?

I'm going to give them another chance, since we're long time customers. Maybe it was a fluke and they forgot the yeast or something when they made a batch of crusts.

Back