Miss England waging war on body stereotypes

Cookie2122

Milla Magee was crowned Miss England in May with some reports calling her the first plus size Miss England. The 23-year-old said whatever your size "it doesn't matter" and she wants use her reign to spread the message. She lives in Newquay in Cornwall, but grew up in London where she was surrounded by rock 'n' roll, with a mum who worked at Creation Records, the label of Oasis and Primal Scream. Her godmother is Noel Gallagher's ex-wife Meg Matthews, and Milla was "trying to conform to the lifestyle". "I went to an all-girls school and I think that's where the struggle started," she said. "A lot of the other girls were petite and small. "It's not in my bone structure to look like that but I tried to conform to that because it's what society told me I had to look like." What followed was body dysmorphia, a condition which causes people to believe they are extremely ugly. She said: "And then I just it dawned on me, I thought, 'no, I will make it my style'." Looking back to curvy beauties of the past such as Marilyn Monroe was her inspiration. "We had role models of women back in the day, like the gorgeous Marilyn Monroe, who was curvaceous, or models like Naomi Campbell, who are very tall and athletically built," she said.​

Miss England is really making waves by challenging body stereotypes! She’s promoting body positivity and showing that beauty comes in all shapes and sizes. It’s awesome to see such a powerful voice advocating for inclusivity and self-love! 👑💪

Back