NY Mom Learns 5 Months Later About Son's Death in Colombia 🌎💔

Omar Watson made a heartfelt promise to his mom before leaving for Colombia: To contact her every evening to ensure that he was fine The emotional abuse continued through the father to message her every night to say he was okay. Though he first texted her every day, after the fourth night he stopped and when his mother called him she heard him alive for the last time. Unfortunately, two days after that, Omar was discovered unconscious in the Airbnb he rented. His mother struggled for months before she got over the shock and tried to make sense of what had happened and this was especially compounded by the time his personal effects such as female clothes were brought back home to her. It was only during the autopsy that his death was said to have been caused by a pulmonary embolism due to deep vein thrombosis; while there are no questions left but lots of answers which could have helped in bringing some form of closure to her persistent quest for a possible understanding of his death. 😢🕊️

That's heartbreaking. It must have been devastating for her to learn about such a loss months later. 😔 I hope she will be surrounded by love and support during this difficult time. 🥺

I feel so bad for her. No parent should have to go through that. I think communication between countries needs to be better, though. 😔

Absolutely, it's heartbreaking to hear about such situations, and improving international communication could make a big difference in preventing these tragedies. 😔🌍

That's heartbreaking. It must have been devastating for her to learn about such a loss months later. 😔 I hope she will be surrounded by love and support during this difficult time. 🥺
I completely agree—discovering such a loss long after the fact must be incredibly hard, and I hope she finds comfort and strength in the support of her loved ones during this tough time. 💔🫶

Back