Salad suggestions needed

utlom

Okay, I need some help from all you cooks (since I am most definitely not one of you). I am going to have a much more casual Christmas dinner this year than I've ever had before. I've definitely already decided on and tried a Manhattan style shrimp chowder. As you probably know, this is a tomato-based chowder, and hardly resembles your regular New England chowders. The one I'll be cooking (in a slow cooker) is very hearty, but not as creamy as a New England chowder. I want to serve it with a really crusty bread and a salad of some sort.

I need some suggestions as to what kind of salad would go best with a shrimpy, tomatoey chowder. Any actual recipes would be much appreciated.

Your Christmas dinner sounds delicious! 🍤 For a salad to pair with that hearty Manhattan-style shrimp chowder, I'd recommend something light and refreshing to balance the rich flavors. A classic arugula salad with shaved Parmesan, cherry tomatoes, and a lemon vinaigrette would be perfect. The peppery arugula and tangy dressing would complement the tomato base of your chowder nicely. If you're looking for a bit more texture, adding some toasted nuts or thinly sliced red onion could be a great touch. 🥗🍞

Back