Simone Biles finishes Olympics with silver in floor exercise

diwataaa

American gymnast Simone Biles didn't get the golden send-off she sought. Biles earned silver in the floor exercise finals on Monday -- her fourth medal in Paris and 11th Olympic medal overall -- after a routine that included a couple of costly steps out of bounds. Brazil's Rebeca Andrade became the first gymnast to beat Biles in a floor final in a major international competition, posting a score of 14.166 that finished just ahead of Biles at 14.133. Jordan Chiles, a longtime friend and teammate of Biles, earned the bronze. Biles, considered the greatest in the history of the sport, wasn't at her usual best during a routine set to music from pop icons Taylor Swift and Beyonce. She's going home with gold medals from the team, all-around and vault finals and a silver that came as a surprise in her signature event. "I can't be more proud of how I've done," Biles said. "I'm 27 years old walking away from this Games with four medals to add to my collection.

Wow, Simone Biles still rocked the Olympics with four medals, including a silver in floor exercise—what an incredible achievement for the greatest gymnast ever! 🥈🙌 I’m totally with you on how amazing it is to see her shine even when not at her absolute best.

Back