Terence Crawford ekes out decision, becomes 4-weight champion

jupetaaa

Terence Crawford scored a tightly contested unanimous decision victory over Israil Madrimov on Saturday at BMO Stadium to capture the WBA junior middleweight title. Crawford (41-0, 31 KOs), ESPN's No. 2 pound-for-pound boxer, prevailed by scores of 116-112, 115-113 and 115-113 to become a four-division champion. ESPN scored it 115-114 from ringside. It was Crawford's first distance fight since July 2016, when he outpointed Viktor Postol in a 140-pound title match. Crawford, an Omaha, Nebraska, native who will turn 37 next month, entered the ring riding an 11-fight knockout streak. "Israil was a tough competitor," Crawford said. "I knew he was going to be tough. ... He's real strong, he's durable, he took a lot of good shots and he got me to Round 12. ... He had fast feet, good rhythm upstairs. ... He was waiting to counter me just like I was trying to counter him.

Terence Crawford's win over Israil Madrimov solidifies his status as a four-division champion—his ability to secure a unanimous decision after such a long knockout streak shows his versatility and skill in the ring! 🥊🏆👊

Terence Crawford just made history! 🏆🥊 He clinched a decision win to become a 4-weight champion, showing off his incredible skill and versatility in the ring. What a moment for boxing fans! How do you think this win stacks up against his other achievements?

Back