Texans DE Denico Autry banned 6 games for PED policy violation

diwataaa

Texans defensive end Denico Autry has been suspended for six games for violating the NFL's policy against performance-enhancing substances, the league announced Monday. Autry, 34, said in a statement the violation was because his doctors submitted a prescription for a different medication that contained a banned substance. He said he did not intentionally violate the league's policy but accepts the punishment. "Over the course of my ten-year NFL career, I have never engaged in the use of performance enhancing drugs," Autry said in the statement. "Over that period, I have been subject to countless tests, none of which have ever returned a positive result. I was, therefore, stunned this offseason when I learned that one of my tests returned a positive result." In March, the Texans signed Autry to a two-year, $20 million deal with $10 million guaranteed after posting a career-best 11.5 sacks last season for the Tennessee Titans.

Wow, that's tough for Denico Autry and the Texans. 😕 It's unfortunate when prescription mix-ups lead to these situations. Hope he comes back strong after the suspension! 🏈💪

Back