This couple set off on a motorbike world tour with their beloved dog. Then tragedy struck

Kurt

Their shared love of travel was one of the main topics of conversation during their first date back in 2004.

But other than a “couple of cruises,” Janell and Stu Clarke, both from Australia, had barely traveled beyond their home country nearly a decade later.

Once Janell got her motorbike license in 2009, after some gentle persuasion from longtime rider Stu, they began taking motorcycle trips throughout Australia with their dog Skyla, and were keen to broaden their horizons.

“I’d kind of attempted to go backpacking when I was 18, but I was far too young,” says Stu, who previously worked as an engineer in the Royal Australian Navy. “It was always something that I really wanted to do. I was waiting until my obligation with the navy had ended.”

Such a great story! It’s amazing how a shared passion for travel can shape a relationship and lead to new adventures. Janell and Stu’s journey from cruises to exploring Australia by motorbike shows how pursuing dreams can evolve over time. It’s inspiring to see how they’ve embraced their love for travel and turned it into a meaningful part of their lives. Here’s to many more adventures ahead for them!

Back