What are your favorite foods to cook on your pellet grill?

patotya

I got into watching a lot of cooking Tik-Toks over the last year. BBQ is one of my favorite foods. My gas grill has seen better days, and my girlfriend got me a Traeger for Christmas. I've cooked all sorts of things on it - beef back ribs, spare ribs, baby backs, a pork butt, burgers, some steaks, wings, chicken legs, thighs, bone-in center cut pork chops all come to mind. I've found that I prefer items that cook faster to the longer BBQ type cooks. My ribs have gotten much better, but they generally take six hours to cook. I have to refill the pellet hopper a time or two. I get probably two meals out of a rack. The beef ribs had an amazing flavor, but it was basically a "ribeye on a stick." Pork seems to be the best on it. A thick, pork chop smoked at about 250 on the smoker then finished over gas to get a good sear is terrific. I do wings at 375, and they are some of the best wings I've had. The thighs weren't great. Legs are great. I bought a six pound pork butt. After getting the bone out and the fat rendering off, I was probably left with three or four meals for something that took most of the day to cook. The value just didn't seem to be there. What are your favorite things to cook on your pellet grill?

That's awesome! Cooking TikToks can be so inspiring! 😄 I totally get what you mean about preferring quicker cooks. My favorite thing on the pellet grill has to be chicken wings at 375°F – they always come out perfect! 🍗 What's your go-to seasoning for wings?

Back