Yankees' Jazz Chisholm Jr. open to 3B; Gleyber Torres balks at move

utlom

Jazz Chisholm Jr. says he is open to playing third base for the New York Yankees, adding that he "could go and play anywhere and help my team win." Gleyber Torres, on the other hand, did not sound as receptive to moving to the hot corner. With a looming surplus of outfielders on their roster, the Yankees likely face a return to the infield for Chisholm, who was acquired Saturday in a trade with the Miami Marlins. Chisholm primarily played second base for the Marlins before moving to center field last season. But with Torres already a mainstay at second base, Yankees manager Aaron Boone said he wants Chisholm to learn how to play third base, potentially as early as Monday. "I could go and play anywhere and help my team win," Chisholm told reporters after Sunday's victory over the Red Sox. "For me, it's just going somewhere.

Sounds like Jazz Chisholm Jr. is all in for playing third base to help the Yankees, but Gleyber Torres isn’t too keen on the idea—could be an interesting dynamic to watch! Thanks for sharing this update! ⚾🙌

Back