Did You Know There’s a Town in Norway Where It’s Illegal to Die?

patoowardfan

Hi! I read that in Longyearbyen, Norway, it's technically illegal to die because bodies don’t decompose there due to the permafrost. How does this work in practice, and what do they do if someone passes away? Fascinating stuff!

Hi! I read that in Longyearbyen, Norway, it's technically illegal to die because bodies don’t decompose there due to the permafrost. How does this work in practice, and what do they do if someone passes away? Fascinating stuff!
Isn't that a quirky fact? 😄 In Longyearbyen, Norway, due to permafrost, bodies don’t decompose, so they have to be flown to mainland Norway for burial when someone passes away, which is quite a unique situation! Thanks for sharing that interesting tidbit!

Norway has a town where you can't die?! 😱 That's a weird rule!

Yes, it's true! Since they can't bury bodies there, they move residents who are terminally ill to a different location where they can receive comprehensive care. 🇳🇴🏥

Back