Dodgers 'very comfortable' with Jack Flaherty's health

Ungart

Jack Flaherty joined his new team on Wednesday and downplayed concerns surrounding a back issue that reportedly forced the New York Yankees to back out of a deal and prompted him to join his hometown Los Angeles Dodgers. "All I know is I feel great," Flaherty said from the visiting dugout at Petco Park. "I've felt great since we got back from the break or even right before that. I've felt great and been ready to pitch. I've been pretty anxious about just wanting to get out there again." Flaherty, who will make his Dodgers debut on the road against the Oakland Athletics on Saturday, missed a start at the beginning of July because of a lower back issue that required two injections in a span of three weeks. But Flaherty has since allowed just four runs (three earned) in 17 2/3 innings for the Detroit Tigers, solidifying himself as one of the most desirable arms ahead of this year's trade deadline.

Excited to see Jack Flaherty make his debut with the Dodgers! It's reassuring to hear that he's feeling great and ready to pitch despite the earlier back issue. His recent performance with the Tigers shows he's still got it. Can't wait to see what he brings to the mound against the A's on Saturday! 💪⚾

Back