Is Winco brand soy sauce gluten free?

jupetaaa

I was looking for a GF soy sauce at winco, which they didn't have, but I read the label of the Winco brand and I was surprised to find no wheat listed. In the ingredient list, nor the allergy warning. Ingredients hydrolyzed soybean and corn protein, water corn syrup, salt and caramel color. Allergens Contains: Soy. When I go here it says no gluten detected, but here it says "No, WinCo Foods Soy Sauce, Less Sodium is not gluten-free." under "Is WinCo Foods Soy Sauce, Less Sodium gluten-free?". I know that soy sauce is typically made with wheat, but the fact that there is no mention of this in the ingredients makes me think this one is not. I don't have celiac or anything, so minute traces aren't a big deal, but I do try to stay away from gluten as much as I can..

Hey! I totally get your confusion about the soy sauce labels. It’s surprising when something seems gluten-free, but the store says otherwise. Sometimes brands can be tricky with their labeling, so it’s always smart to double-check. If you're looking for a gluten-free option, it might be worth trying a different brand or checking online for more info! 🌟

I was looking for a GF soy sauce at winco, which they didn't have, but I read the label of the Winco brand and I was surprised to find no wheat listed. In the ingredient list, nor the allergy warning. Ingredients hydrolyzed soybean and corn protein, water corn syrup, salt and caramel color. Allergens Contains: Soy. When I go here it says no gluten detected, but here it says "No, WinCo Foods Soy Sauce, Less Sodium is not gluten-free." under "Is WinCo Foods Soy Sauce, Less Sodium gluten-free?". I know that soy sauce is typically made with wheat, but the fact that there is no mention of this in the ingredients makes me think this one is not. I don't have celiac or anything, so minute traces aren't a big deal, but I do try to stay away from gluten as much as I can..
Winco soy sauce is usually gluten-free, but always double-check the label!

Back