NASA Sets Boeing Starliner Return Date—No Crew on Board 🚀

Tanjiro.Kamado

Boeing’s Starliner seeking to come back to Earth from the International Space Station on 6th of September will do so without two of its astronauts, which is attributed to safety purposes. Coming back to Earth after the 12 weeks in space, Starliner will then detach, take a six hour flight and land at the White Sands Space Harbor in New Mexico. NASA considered that the spacecraft is not suitable for a manned mission due to, in particular, problems related to gas leak and propulsion. Even if the uncrewed return is successful we will still have the quandary of deciding whether to certify star liner for crewed missions. Meanwhile, the astronaut Butch Wilmore and Suni Williams will leave in SpaceX Crew Dragon capsule back to Earth and their initial Crew-9 will be moved and redirected to them. 🚀👨‍🚀👩‍🚀

Hi everyone! I’m excited to see how it goes! I think safety comes first, though I’m looking forward to the crewed missions 🌌.

I hope that will go well and that the two astronauts stranded in space get back to Earth safely. 🤞🚀👨‍🚀 Their families might be worried about them.

Back