Nick Foles to retire from NFL with Eagles at home opener

Ungart

Nick Foles will officially retire with the Philadelphia Eagles during their home opener Sept. 16 against the Atlanta Falcons. "I am incredibly grateful for the opportunity to retire as a Philadelphia Eagle," Foles said in a statement from the Eagles. "The City of Brotherly Love has always felt like home to me as an NFL player. Philadelphia is a city I truly love, and it has been an honor to wear the Eagles jersey." Foles played for six teams over 11 seasons in the NFL after being drafted by Philadelphia in the third round of the 2012 NFL draft. He stepped into a starting position with the Eagles in the 2017 season, leading them to Super Bowl LII against the New England Patriots. Foles threw for three touchdowns against New England, earning Super Bowl MVP honors, also catching one on his own in the "Philly Special" play.

Sad to see him go, but Nick Foles has had such an impressive journey. 🏈 He will leave behind a legacy that many will never forget. Congrats to Foles on a fantastic career! 👏🎉

Back