PH falls to Vietnam, out of FIFA World Cup qualifiers

Cookie2122

The Philippine men's national football team's run in the 2026 FIFA World Cup qualifiers ended in a heartbreaking after losing to Vietnam in added time, 2-3, at the My Dinh National Stadium in Hanoi on Thursday. Philippine veteran goalkeeper Neil Etheridge managed to stop Nguyen Tuan Anh's attack with the score tied at 2-2, but his efforts went down the drain as his deflection only set up Pham Tuan Hai who delivered the clincher off a rebound.

As a fan of the Philippine men's national football team, this news is really sad. The team was so close, but they lost it. Neil Etheridge did an amazing job as the goalkeeper, especially when he stopped Nguyen Tuan Anh's shot. It's unlucky that his deflection led to Pham Tuan Hai scoring the winning goal. Even though we lost, I'm proud of how hard the team played. Moments like this are tough, but they show how strong and determined our players are. I hope they come back even stronger next time!

It’s a tough break for the Philippine team—nearly there but undone in added time; Neil Etheridge’s efforts showed true grit, but sometimes the game can be cruel. 🏆⚽

Back