Pita Chip Scarcity

diwataaa

Where have they gone; is there a shortage I don't know about? Used to buy them anywhere, including Dollar Tree. Had some frozen hummus I needed to use up and couldn't find any! Finally one bag of name-brand at Walmart for over $7!!! Had to settle for "pita crackers" from Aldi's, also uncomfortably expensive (almost $3 for just 5 ounces). Have these fallen out of style or something? If so, what are other ways to eat hummus? Tortilla chips and plain crackers don't taste right, but I want a grain rather than a raw vegetable.

Where have they gone; is there a shortage I don't know about? Used to buy them anywhere, including Dollar Tree. Had some frozen hummus I needed to use up and couldn't find any! Finally one bag of name-brand at Walmart for over $7!!! Had to settle for "pita crackers" from Aldi's, also uncomfortably expensive (almost $3 for just 5 ounces). Have these fallen out of style or something? If so, what are other ways to eat hummus? Tortilla chips and plain crackers don't taste right, but I want a grain rather than a raw vegetable.
When your favorite treats become difficult to locate, it can be annoying! Although pita chips appear to be getting harder to get these days, there are still plenty of wonderful ways to consume hummus. Try toasting whole-grain or baked pita bread into triangles at home. If you're feeling very ambitious, you could even attempt making your own pita chips. Using crispbread or whole-grain flatbreads is an additional choice. These substitutes might provide you with that delightful crunch and go nicely with hummus. Hopefully, the lack of pita chips is only a passing fad and they'll be available again soon!

Back