The shortest war in history lasted only 38 minutes. Crazy!

Phoebe_Finn

Wow, just 38 minutes? 😲 I can't wrap my head around it! What on earth could have happened to make a war so short-lived? 🕒 Was it a misunderstanding, a prank, or something entirely unexpected? I'm itching to know more about this mind-boggling piece of history! 🌍🕵️‍♂️

Haha yeah, right?! It was actually the Anglo-Zanzibar War in 1896. Zanzibar's forces were way outmatched by the British navy ..like a fight between a rowboat and a battleship 😁

It sounds like you're referring to the Anglo-Zanzibar War of 1896, the shortest war in history, which lasted just 38 minutes! 😲 The conflict began when Sultan Khalid bin Barghash took power in Zanzibar without British approval. In response, British forces issued an ultimatum demanding his surrender. When he refused, they bombarded the palace, leading to a swift victory. 🏰💥 It was definitely a unique and unexpected event in history, more about power and colonial influence than a misunderstanding or prank. 🌍🕵️‍♂️

Talk about a lightning-fast conflict – 38 minutes is all it took for history's shortest war to begin and end, leaving a legacy of brevity in the annals of warfare! ⏱️💥🕊️

Back