Thief caught on CCTV walking away with P3.3M in backpack

Tedday2223

Around P3.3 million in cash was stolen by a male suspect in a house in San Mateo, Rizal. According to Emil Sumangil's "24 Oras" report, the act was caught on CCTV last July 5, 2024. The suspect was seen wearing a ball cap and facemask as he went inside the house. Upon entering, he ransacked the items on the ground floor one by one. He briefly disappeared from the frame of the CCTV video, and when he returned, he was already carrying a backpack, containing the cash he got from the master's bedroom on the second floor. The CCTV also showed how the suspect walked away and got on a tricycle, with three P3.3-million in cash. “Yung pinanghanap-buhayan mo, inutang mo lang, at yun ay ginagamit mo, para sa ikagiginhawa ng lahat di lamang ako kungdi pati ng mga tauhan, eh bigla na lang sa isang iglap ay mawawala,” said the complainant. (The money that you worked hard for, or you just borrowed, and what you use, for the comfort of everyone, not only me but also the staff, all of a sudden, in an instant, it disappeared.) The victim, who is a businessman, was recovering from knee surgery. He said he and Earlier, GMA Integrated News accompanied the victim to the Rizal Police Provincial Office to follow up on the case. The Provincial Director summoned the investigator in the case and said the suspect had been identified. The Rizal Police promised the victim that they would take action as soon as possible.​
“I will require the cop to update you, pupuntahan kayo mismo sa bahay (we will report directly to your house),” said Police Coloner Felipe Maraggun, Rizal Police, Provincial Director.

That's heartbreaking for the victim. 🥺 I hope the thief gets caught soon and that the victim gets all his money back. 💰

Back