WHO to Assess Global Risk of Mpox Outbreak 🚨

The WHO is set to convene an emergency committee to determine if the ongoing mpox outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo, which has caused around 27,000 cases and over 1,100 deaths since early 2023, should be declared a public health emergency of international concern. Cases have also been confirmed in Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda, with a new variant, Clade Ib, spreading more easily among children. The WHO has released $1 million from its contingency fund and is fast-tracking approval for mpox vaccines. Although the global emergency status for a different mpox strain ended in 2022, the disease remains a significant health threat. 🌍💉

That sounds like a serious situation. 🙁 Look at those large numbers of cases and deaths. I hope the committee can address it effectively. 🤞

That sounds like a serious situation. 🙁 Look at those large numbers of cases and deaths. I hope the committee can address it effectively. 🤞
Absolutely, it’s truly sobering to see those figures, and I really hope the committee steps up to tackle it with the urgency and precision needed. Appreciate your insight on this—let's stay hopeful for some positive change. 🙏✨

Wow, this is intense! 😮 The fact that WHO is already stepping in with an emergency committee says a lot about the seriousness of this mpox situation, especially with that new Clade Ib variant targeting kids. Let’s hope those vaccines roll out quickly! 💉🌍

Wow, this is intense! 😮 The fact that WHO is already stepping in with an emergency committee says a lot about the seriousness of this mpox situation, especially with that new Clade Ib variant targeting kids. Let’s hope those vaccines roll out quickly! 💉🌍
Absolutely, it’s wild to see WHO moving so fast on this—I’m with you, the Clade Ib variant is definitely a concern, especially with kids in the mix. Fingers crossed the vaccines roll out smoothly and keep everyone safe! 💉🤞 Thanks for being on the same page! 🌍😊

Back