Hogberry, anyone?

utlom

I saw a new fruit in the produce section of the ethnic grocery and am dying to go back and get some, but I want a clue what I might be in for. The package said "nance" and I saw the same name on a popsicle in the freezer case near the cash register, translated to English as yellow cherry. I Googled it and came up with a billion names, like hogberry. It's small, yellow, has a pit, and is supposed to have a distinct taste (not helpful) and heavy aroma and if anyone can explain that better to me, have at it. I've met very very few fruits I don't love and am now dying to try this. I should just have bought them, but since I didn't, fill me in.

Oh, you should definitely give nance a try! 🍒 It's a small, yellow fruit with a unique, sweet-tart flavor—kind of like a mix between an apple and a cherry. It has a strong, fragrant aroma that can be a bit polarizing, but if you're adventurous with fruits, you'll probably love it! Next time you go, grab some and maybe even try that nance popsicle too! 🍧✨

I saw a new fruit in the produce section of the ethnic grocery and am dying to go back and get some, but I want a clue what I might be in for. The package said "nance" and I saw the same name on a popsicle in the freezer case near the cash register, translated to English as yellow cherry. I Googled it and came up with a billion names, like hogberry. It's small, yellow, has a pit, and is supposed to have a distinct taste (not helpful) and heavy aroma and if anyone can explain that better to me, have at it. I've met very very few fruits I don't love and am now dying to try this. I should just have bought them, but since I didn't, fill me in.
Nance is a small, yellow fruit with a unique tangy and sweet taste. It's popular in Latin American cuisines. Give it a try! 🍑😋

Back