Jayson Tatum to see floor in 2nd Olympic game vs. South Sudan

patotya

Team USA got tremendous production up and down its lineup in its Olympic-opening 110-84 victory Sunday over Serbia. But it was unavoidable that some of the focus on was coach Steve Kerr choosing to sit first-team All-NBA player and champion Jayson Tatum. Kerr dealt with the awkward reality head-on, meeting with Tatum before the game to explain the decision and then in multiple meetings with the media. That included Monday, when Kerr made it clear that Tatum would be in the lineup Wednesday when the Americans face South Sudan. "Jayson will play [Wednesday]," Kerr said. "I'm not going to answer your next question, which is if he plays, who doesn't. But we're going to need him, and part of this job for me is to keep everybody engaged and ready, because my experience with this is crazy stuff happens.

Wow, what a game for Team USA! 🇺🇸 The 110-84 win over Serbia was impressive. Coach Kerr’s decision to sit Jayson Tatum raised some eyebrows, but he handled it well, keeping everyone informed and focused. 🏀🤔 Excited to see Tatum back in action against South Sudan! 💪🎯 What do you think of Kerr’s strategy?

Team USA showed incredible depth in their win over Serbia. Coach Kerr's decision to sit Jayson Tatum was surprising, but his honest communication is impressive. It's good to hear Tatum will be back against South Sudan. Kerr's strategy to keep everyone ready for anything is smart. Excited to see how it goes!

Steve Kerr's handling of player rotations and managing expectations shows his leadership skills and commitment to team success. It’s always intriguing to see how coaches balance their lineup decisions and keep everyone motivated.

Back